Summer road trip? Take your company car with you!

Driver Safety, Driving Awareness

Tags: , ,

Whether you’re planning to stay in the UK this summer, or taking to Europe, have you thought about driving your company car?

To avoid the hustle and bustle of the airport, more and more Brits are choosing to holiday in the UK. Or, for something a little bit different, holidaymakers are taking to the roads for a summer road trip abroad.

With Britain’s longest heatwave in five years still in full flow, this year could be the perfect time to go for a UK ‘staycation’. Whether you fancy the seaside, a spot of camping or a few cross-country destinations, your company car could be your perfect chariot.

You may fancy crossing the water, but did you know your company car can still come with you? As part of your leasing agreement with Sandicliffe Motor Contracts, you are entitled to drive your company car in any EU member state. So, popping on the ferry and exploring the roads of Europe this summer could be just the ticket.

Looking for inspiration?

Whether you’re staying in the UK or hitting Europe, here’s a few destinations that are perfect to explore via the car. Last year the Telegraph released 10 great European road trips you must do in your lifetime which includes:

  • Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse, Austria (831 miles)
  • Verdon Gorge circuit, France (842 miles)
  • Romantische Strasse, Germany (646 miles)
  • Route One, Iceland (2,265 miles)
  • The Military Road, Isle of Wight (110 miles)
  • Ring of Kerry, Ireland (603 miles)
  • Spoleto to Norcia and the Monti Sibillini loop, Italy (1,117 miles)
  • Trollstigen, Norway (11357 miles)
  • The Transfagarasan, Romania (1,480 miles)
  • North Coast 500, Scotland (669 miles)

*Approx. mileage measured from London, England.

Travelling to France?

Launched last year, certain areas of France require drivers to display a Crit’Air sticker. This sticker comes in six colour categories, ranging from green to black, based on the European Emission Standards.

To find out more, including which areas of France are affected and how to apply for a sticker, visit our Taking your company car to France page.

What do you need to do?

If you’re planning on making the most of the UK weather, taking your company car with should be no problem. However, if you want to venture overseas, take a look at our Vehicles Abroad page for important travel advice including:

  • Obtaining your Vehicle on Hire Certificate (VE103B) – a must-have for taking your vehicle abroad
  • What equipment you must carry, by law
  • European Breakdown cover

You will also need to check your company car policy permits you to take your company car overseas and also check your car insurance covers you.

If you have any further questions regarding travelling abroad, please don’t hesitate to contact the team on:

0115 946 6466

Leave a Reply